The Outreach Program coordinates science events, excursions and activities for schools, teachers and the community – most of which are free.
The Politics of Mining Q&A
Join us on Wednesday 16 September for an engaging
WA School of Mines alumni event.
New Deputy Director
Curtin University has appointed Dr Sam Spearing as the new Deputy Director of the Curtin Western Australian School of Mines.
Visit our new MOOC
Discover the theory behind running a mine with Curtin's free The Business of Mining Massive Open Online Course (MOOC)
With a wide range of science courses, we will provide you with the knowledge, skills and industry-experience you need to graduate career-ready and succeed.
The WA School of Mining has an exemplary research profile with a number of Institutes, Research Centres and Groups:
- Environmental Inorganic Geochemistry Group (EIGG)
- TIGeR - The Institute of Geoscience Research
- WASM Mining Rock Mechanics Group
- Geographic Information Science (GIS) and Remote Sensing (RS)
- Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS)
- Curtin Gold Technology Group
- The Centre for High Definition Geophysics (CHDG)
- The Curtin Reservoir Geophysics Consortium (CRGC)